The package includes:
The IWS Unit 1 study manual, access to interactive e-learning modules, and review webinars for one year as well as registration for the IWS Unit 1 online exam-sit. Does not include the one-year membership subscription.
Next online instructor-led session starts March 2, 2021. Registration is now open!
Get a head start! Gain instant access to online study materials... followed shortly by your study manual!
Note: Unit 1 & 2 can be taken in any order.
Detail of the package:
IWS Unit 1 study manual
- A 262-page, full-color study manual on the wines of Northern Italy
- The most current and comprehensive resource on the wines of Northern Italy
- Manual doubles as a reference book for wine professionals
Professional instructor support with acclaimed wine educators Alan Tardi IWS and Italian Programs Director Andrea Eby
Program's features and benefits:
- A schedule of study with learning objectives for each region
- 9 live review webinars recorded for on-demand replay
- Interactive e-learning modules with loads of illustrations and full audio narration for each region
- Online quizzes and learning games for self-evaluation
- A list of recommended wines to sample on your own or in a tasting group organized by students enrolled in the online program
- Instructor Q&A forum for assistance as well as Student Community forums
- Downloadable maps
- Access to repeat-after-me pronunciation exercise
- Study materials are available 24/7 and registration is for one full year
Registration for the IWS Unit 1 online exam-sit
- The exam is composed of 100 multiple-choice questions and must be completed in 60 minutes.
- To become an Italian Wine Scholar and receive the IWS credential candidates need to pass the exams for Unit 1 and Unit 2 with a composite score of 75%
- The scores from both exams are added together and averaged for final assessment.
- Students with a composite score of 85-90.5 pass with HONORS. Candidates scoring 91-100 pass with HIGHEST HONORS.
- Online exam candidates must have a computer (tablet not compatible), a good internet connection, a webcam and a microphone with speakers for proctoring purposes.
Important notice: You can cancel or reschedule your exam at any point before your scheduled exam time by logging in to your ProctorU account and using the rescheduling link.
If not cancelled or rescheduled prior to the exam start time and you are not showing up for your exam or more than 15 minutes late, a $75 re-scheduling fee payable to WSG will be applied.