The package includes:
The IWS Unit 2 study manual, access to interactive e-learning modules, access to the recorded review webinars for one year, as well as registration for the IWS Unit 1 online exam-sit.
This does NOT include the one-year WSG membership subscription.
Note: Unit 1 & 2 can be taken in any order.
Detail of the package:
IWS Unit 2 study manual
- Full-color study manual on the wines of Central and Southern Italy
- The most current and comprehensive resource on the wines of Central and Southern Italy
- Manual doubles as a reference book for wine professionals
Professional instructor support with acclaimed wine educator and Italian Programs Director Andrea Eby
Program's features and benefits:
- A schedule of study with learning objectives for each region
- 15 recorded webinars for on-demand viewing
- Live online Monthly Meet-ups with your instructor
- Interactive e-learning modules with loads of illustrations and full audio narration for each region
- Online quizzes and learning games for self-evaluation
- A list of recommended wines to sample on your own or in a tasting group organized by students enrolled in the online program
- Instructor Q&A forum for assistance as well as Student Community forums
- Downloadable maps
- Access to repeat-after-me pronunciation exercise
- Study materials are available 24/7 and registration is for one full year
Registration for the IWS Unit 2 online exam-sit
- The exam is composed of 100 multiple-choice questions and must be completed in 60 minutes.
- To become an Italian Wine Scholar and receive the IWS credential candidates need to pass the exams for Unit 1 and Unit 2 with a composite score of 75%
- The scores from both exams are added together and averaged for final assessment.
- Students with a composite score of 85-90.5 pass with HONORS. Candidates scoring 91-100 pass with HIGHEST HONORS.
- Online exam candidates must have a computer (tablet not compatible), a good internet connection, a webcam and a microphone with speakers for proctoring purposes.