THE SPANISH WINE SCHOLAR™ PROGRAM IS THE MOST ADVANCED AND COMPREHENSIVE CERTIFICATION COURSE ON THE WINES OF SPAIN
The syllabus takes a regional approach and discusses all Spanish wine appellations and the factors that shape their identities. It provides committed students of wine with an unparalleled set of study tools that are designed to maximize learning and boost knowledge retention.
The Spanish Wine Scholar™ online | Independent Study Format includes:
- The Spanish Wine Scholar™ online exam*
- A suggested schedule of study with learning objectives for each region
- Online quizzes and learning games for self-evaluation
- Downloadable maps of all Spanish wine regions
- Pronunciation exercises to boosts your credibility
- A list of recommended wines to sample on your own or in a tasting group hosted by students enrolled in the online program
The SWS program is also available in a instructor-led online format including live review webinars with Rick Fisher, SWS Education Director.
EMPOWERING STUDENTS TO SUCCEED
The Spanish Wine Scholar™ manual is the most comprehensive and current coverage on the wines of Spain and follows a regional approach with strong tie-ins to terroir.
Each chapter is designed for maximum content retention and utilizes a systematic approach, allowing the student to compare and contrast each of the wine regions of Spain.
Manuals are current and discuss the most recent trends. They are printed in full-color, are rich in imagery and peppered with the iconic wine labels of each region.
Every Spanish wine appellation is discussed (vs. just mentioned) and triaged by "need-to-know" icons. Emphasis is given to the flavor and structure profiles of the wines.
A Fundamentals Chapter provides an overview which puts all of Spain and its wines into perspective.
The SWS online study program offers interactive e-learning modules that are put into a measurable, meaningful format designed for maximum retention of content and ease of use.
Each region of Spain is covered and dovetails nicely with the Spanish Wine Scholar™ study manual. Study materials are available 24/7. If you’ve got a laptop and an internet connection, you’ve got a classroom!
Spanish Wine Scholar™ online study modules features:
- E-learning modules loaded with videos and learning games to keep you engaged
- Your place is automatically bookmarked/saved to resume where you left off
- Quizzes and learning games for self-evaluation
- Hundreds of online flashcards
- Pronunciation exercises
- You earn badges to track your accomplishments
#3 Detailed Spanish Wine Maps:
Your study manual will be packed with beautiful wine maps which have been designed for this program by Quentin Sadler. Electronic versions of these maps, in addition to blank practice maps are also available for download on the online course page.
- Online Independent Study: via the Q&A forum answered by Rick Fisher, SWS Education Director
- Online Instructor-led Format: via the Q&A forum plus email and live chat with instructors
- In Classroom: via a local, certified instructor
ABOUT THE SPANISH WINE SCHOLAR™:
The program was created by Spanish wine specialist Rick Fisher, Spanish Wine Scholar™ Education Director.
Wines from Spain (ICEX - Spain's Trade & Investment Government Agency) has endorsed the program in recognition of its exceptional level of depth, accuracy, detail, and academic rigor.
The Spanish Wine Scholar study and certification program confers a post-nominal to wine professionals and enthusiasts who successfully pass the certification exam (Ex: John Smith, SWS). With a school network encompassing 30 countries on 5 continents, the SWS credential has true international recognition.
- Graham Walter SWSon Jul 2, 2022"The SWS program had everything I was looking for. The content, structure, and practical approach were all fantastic and it was presented in an easy to understand and logical way. Outside of the world of wine, I am a practicing physician with a schedule that made the online independent study format perfect. I would highly recommend this course to anyone with a general interest in wine or an interest in Spain in particular. Hopefully, Spanish master classes are coming to the scholar guild soon!"
- Rusk Elatassion Jun 29, 2022"Truly enjoyed the course . The material , overall was coherent , easy to follow and just enough information without going too in depth. The wines tasted were specific to the regions as expected . "
- Amr Elnashaion Jun 10, 2022"The program is very well structured and provides exceptionally interesting and useful wine knowledge that would satisfy the professional and the hobbyist alike."
- Yiu Keung Manon Jun 1, 2022"The material on the online class room and pronunciation are great and help me a lot of mastering Spanish wine."
- Maria Jose Paezon May 24, 2022"Absolutely fantastic! Loved the way the study manual is disposed, its organization made my study considerably easy! Besides, the software reinforced and perfectly summarized all chapters. Can’t wait to enroll in the French wine course!!!!"
- Annie Davison May 23, 2022"I love the WSG! I just completed FWS and SWS and am extremely pleased with the quality of the learning material, from the books, to the maps, to the learning objectives, and the online modules. It's very well organized and comprehensive and I've discovered so many things about wine regions that I didn't learn in other certification courses. Great job - super excited to be moving on to IWS next! "
- Juan Carlos Gallegoson May 23, 2022"Spanish Wine Scholar is a comprehensive course covering all wine producing regions of Spain. Study material is precise and easy to understand. Very recommended for wine professionals as well as for wine aficionados."
- Santiagoon May 22, 2022"I liked a lot the program and I’m looking forward to study the French program."
- Ducreuxon May 11, 2022"A good and complete panorama of the Spanish wine industry"
- Jim Hardenon May 6, 2022"Coming into the SWS program I had some basic knowledge of Spanish wine from certifications with the International Sommelier Guild and Wine and Spirits Eduction Trust, but now that I have completed the program and am a SWS, I am amazed and pleased with the in-depth knowledge I have not just about Spain wine, but about the relevant history, geography, climate, and wine laws. I cannot recommend this program highly enough...Thank You!!!"
- Ulrik Ljungbergon Apr 27, 2022"Super course and I had so much fun and learnt so much. I would recommend to anyone who wants to learn more about Spanish wine!"
- JOSE MARIA MARTINon Apr 26, 2022"excellent training about Spanish wines. Very complete course to have a global vision of wines in Spain. "
- Jessica Jeffreyon Apr 14, 2022"I thoroughly enjoyed studying the Spanish Wine Scholar via the independent learning online format. The textbook was very informative and separated into easy-to-follow chapters and sections with the 'need to know' exam content highlighted. Having studied Spanish and Italian at university and previously having completed my WSET Level 2 and 3, this was the perfect course to marry together my two passions of languages and wine studies. A pairing as good as Pulpo a la Gallega and a glass of DO Rías Baixas Albariño! "
- on Mar 29, 2022"I loved it! I’ve taken the IWS, FWS, SWS, and Sherry Wine Scholar. All self directed. All the materials and information has been amazing!!!! Thank you! Hope to see more wine regions in the future. "
- Janice Robinsonon Mar 27, 2022"Spanish Wine Scholar provided in-depth information on the history of Spain and the history of wine in Spain. The regional focus gave me extensive content to get 'up close' to Spain's provinces. I now have a few more must visit wine regions to add to my growing list. Thanks for helping me gain expertise in Spanish Wine!!"