EMBARK ON THE MOST ADVANCED AND COMPREHENSIVE SPECIALIZATION SPANISH WINE COURSE BAR NONE!
The Spanish Wine Scholar™ curriculum via distance learning offers an interactive program that is put into a measurable, meaningful format designed for maximum retention of content and ease of use.
There are three main components: the Spanish Wine Scholar™ Study manual, an e-learning package and the exam.
The 315-page, full-color study manual provides all the information from which the test questions are derived. You do not need to research you own study materials; everything you need to know is in the manual.
The Spanish Wine Scholar™ Online program includes:
- The Spanish Wine Scholar™ online exam*
- A suggested schedule of study with learning objectives for each region
- Online quizzes and learning games for self-evaluation
- Downloadable maps of all Spanish wine regions
- Pronunciation exercises to boosts your credibility
- A list of recommended wines to sample on your own or in a tasting group hosted by students enrolled in the online program
Alternately, the SWS program is available in a instructor-led online format including live review webinars with Rick Fisher, SWS Education Director.
EMPOWERING STUDENTS TO SUCCEED
Modeled after the French Wine Scholar™ program, Spanish Wine Scholar™ students will receive the same complete set of study materials.
STUDY MATERIALS INCLUDES:
- A comprehensive study manual which also serves as reference book
- Learning objectives for each region
- Interactive e-learning modules for each wine region
- Online quizzes, learning games for self-evaluation
- Hundreds of online flashcards for even more practicing
- Pronunciation exercises
- Instructor Q&A forum for personal assistance
- Detailed Spanish wine maps designed by Quentin Sadler
This extensive list of study resources will empower students to learn and gain a profound working knowledge of the diverse and evolving world of Spanish wine.
The Spanish Wine Scholar™ manual is the most comprehensive and current coverage on the wines of Spain and follows a regional approach with strong tie-ins to terroir.
Each chapter is designed for maximum content retention and utilizes a systematic approach, allowing the student to compare and contrast each of the wine regions of Spain.
Manuals are current and discuss the most recent trends. They are printed in full-color, are rich in imagery and peppered with the iconic wine labels of each region.
Every Spanish wine appellation is discussed (vs. just mentioned) and triaged by "need-to-know" icons. Emphasis is given to the flavor and structure profiles of the wines.
A Fundamentals Chapter provides an overview which puts all of Spain and its wines into perspective.
The SWS online study program offers interactive e-learning modules that are put into a measurable, meaningful format designed for maximum retention of content and ease of use.
Each region of Spain is covered and dovetails nicely with the Spanish Wine Scholar™ study manual. Study materials are available 24/7. If you’ve got a laptop and an internet connection, you’ve got a classroom!
Spanish Wine Scholar™ online study modules features:
- E-learning modules loaded with videos and learning games to keep you engaged
- Your place is automatically bookmarked/saved to resume where you left off
- Quizzes and learning games for self-evaluation
- Hundreds of online flashcards
- Pronunciation exercises
- You earn badges to track your accomplishments
#3 Detailed Spanish Wine Maps
Your study manual will be packed with beautiful wine maps which have been designed for this program by Quentin Sadler. Electronic versions of these maps, in addition to blank practice maps are also available for download on the online course page.