THE SPANISH WINE SCHOLAR™ PROGRAM IS THE MOST ADVANCED AND COMPREHENSIVE CERTIFICATION COURSE ON THE WINES OF SPAIN
The syllabus takes a regional approach and discusses all Spanish wine appellations and the factors that shape their identities. It provides committed students of wine with an unparalleled set of study tools that are designed to maximize learning and boost knowledge retention.
The program was created by Spanish wine specialist Rick Fisher, Spanish Wine Scholar™ Education Director.
Wines from Spain (ICEX - Spain's Trade & Investment Government Agency) has endorsed the program in recognition of its exceptional level of depth, accuracy, detail, and academic rigor.
The Spanish Wine Scholar study and certification program confers a post-nominal to wine professionals and enthusiasts who successfully pass the certification exam (Ex: John Smith, SWS). With a school network encompassing 30 countries on 5 continents, the SWS credential has true international recognition.
The Spanish Wine Scholar™ online | Independent Study Format includes:
- The Spanish Wine Scholar™ online exam*
- A suggested schedule of study with learning objectives for each region
- Online quizzes and learning games for self-evaluation
- Downloadable maps of all Spanish wine regions
- Pronunciation exercises to boosts your credibility
- A list of recommended wines to sample on your own or in a tasting group hosted by students enrolled in the online program
Alternately, the SWS program is available in a instructor-led online format including live review webinars with Rick Fisher, SWS Education Director.
EMPOWERING STUDENTS TO SUCCEED
Modeled after the French Wine Scholar™ program, Spanish Wine Scholar™ students will receive the same complete set of study materials.
The Spanish Wine Scholar™ manual is the most comprehensive and current coverage on the wines of Spain and follows a regional approach with strong tie-ins to terroir.
Each chapter is designed for maximum content retention and utilizes a systematic approach, allowing the student to compare and contrast each of the wine regions of Spain.
Manuals are current and discuss the most recent trends. They are printed in full-color, are rich in imagery and peppered with the iconic wine labels of each region.
Every Spanish wine appellation is discussed (vs. just mentioned) and triaged by "need-to-know" icons. Emphasis is given to the flavor and structure profiles of the wines.
A Fundamentals Chapter provides an overview which puts all of Spain and its wines into perspective.
The SWS online study program offers interactive e-learning modules that are put into a measurable, meaningful format designed for maximum retention of content and ease of use.
Each region of Spain is covered and dovetails nicely with the Spanish Wine Scholar™ study manual. Study materials are available 24/7. If you’ve got a laptop and an internet connection, you’ve got a classroom!
Spanish Wine Scholar™ online study modules features:
- E-learning modules loaded with videos and learning games to keep you engaged
- Your place is automatically bookmarked/saved to resume where you left off
- Quizzes and learning games for self-evaluation
- Hundreds of online flashcards
- Pronunciation exercises
- You earn badges to track your accomplishments
#3 Detailed Spanish Wine Maps:
Your study manual will be packed with beautiful wine maps which have been designed for this program by Quentin Sadler. Electronic versions of these maps, in addition to blank practice maps are also available for download on the online course page.
- Online Independent Study: via the Q&A forum answered by Rick Fisher, SWS Education Director
- Online Instructor-led Format: via the Q&A forum plus email and live chat with instructors
- In Classroom: via a local, certified instructor