The Spanish Wine Scholar™ distance-learning format includes:
- A suggested schedule of study with learning objectives for each region
- Live review webinars with Rick Fisher, SWS Education Director*
- Online quizzes and learning games for self-evaluation
- Downloadable maps of all Spanish wine regions
- Pronunciation exercises to boosts your credibility
- A list of recommended wines to sample on your own or in a tasting group hosted by students enrolled in the online program
*Instructor-led format only
PRICING FOR THE ONLINE STUDY FORMATS:
Independent study format
On-demand, start anytimePrice: $595
Recognizing the exceptional depth and accuracy of the program, Wines from Spain (ICEX - Spain's Trade & Investment Government Agency) has endorsed the program.
- Shu Jian Limon Aug 18, 2022"Sure!"
- Graham Walter SWSon Jul 2, 2022"The SWS program had everything I was looking for. The content, structure, and practical approach were all fantastic and it was presented in an easy to understand and logical way. Outside of the world of wine, I am a practicing physician with a schedule that made the online independent study format perfect. I would highly recommend this course to anyone with a general interest in wine or an interest in Spain in particular. Hopefully, Spanish master classes are coming to the scholar guild soon!"
- Rusk Elatassion Jun 29, 2022"Truly enjoyed the course . The material , overall was coherent , easy to follow and just enough information without going too in depth. The wines tasted were specific to the regions as expected . "
- Amr Elnashaion Jun 10, 2022"The program is very well structured and provides exceptionally interesting and useful wine knowledge that would satisfy the professional and the hobbyist alike."
- Yiu Keung Manon Jun 1, 2022"The material on the online class room and pronunciation are great and help me a lot of mastering Spanish wine."
- Maria Jose Paezon May 24, 2022"Absolutely fantastic! Loved the way the study manual is disposed, its organization made my study considerably easy! Besides, the software reinforced and perfectly summarized all chapters. Can’t wait to enroll in the French wine course!!!!"
- Annie Davison May 23, 2022"I love the WSG! I just completed FWS and SWS and am extremely pleased with the quality of the learning material, from the books, to the maps, to the learning objectives, and the online modules. It's very well organized and comprehensive and I've discovered so many things about wine regions that I didn't learn in other certification courses. Great job - super excited to be moving on to IWS next! "
- Juan Carlos Gallegoson May 23, 2022"Spanish Wine Scholar is a comprehensive course covering all wine producing regions of Spain. Study material is precise and easy to understand. Very recommended for wine professionals as well as for wine aficionados."
- Santiagoon May 22, 2022"I liked a lot the program and I’m looking forward to study the French program."
- Ducreuxon May 11, 2022"A good and complete panorama of the Spanish wine industry"
- Jim Hardenon May 6, 2022"Coming into the SWS program I had some basic knowledge of Spanish wine from certifications with the International Sommelier Guild and Wine and Spirits Eduction Trust, but now that I have completed the program and am a SWS, I am amazed and pleased with the in-depth knowledge I have not just about Spain wine, but about the relevant history, geography, climate, and wine laws. I cannot recommend this program highly enough...Thank You!!!"
- Ulrik Ljungbergon Apr 27, 2022"Super course and I had so much fun and learnt so much. I would recommend to anyone who wants to learn more about Spanish wine!"
- JOSE MARIA MARTINon Apr 26, 2022"excellent training about Spanish wines. Very complete course to have a global vision of wines in Spain. "
- Jessica Jeffreyon Apr 14, 2022"I thoroughly enjoyed studying the Spanish Wine Scholar via the independent learning online format. The textbook was very informative and separated into easy-to-follow chapters and sections with the 'need to know' exam content highlighted. Having studied Spanish and Italian at university and previously having completed my WSET Level 2 and 3, this was the perfect course to marry together my two passions of languages and wine studies. A pairing as good as Pulpo a la Gallega and a glass of DO Rías Baixas Albariño! "
- on Mar 29, 2022"I loved it! I’ve taken the IWS, FWS, SWS, and Sherry Wine Scholar. All self directed. All the materials and information has been amazing!!!! Thank you! Hope to see more wine regions in the future. "