The Spanish Wine Scholar™ distance-learning format includes:
- A suggested schedule of study with learning objectives for each region
- Live review webinars with Rick Fisher, SWS Education Director*
- Online quizzes and learning games for self-evaluation
- Downloadable maps of all Spanish wine regions
- Pronunciation exercises to boosts your credibility
- A list of recommended wines to sample on your own or in a tasting group hosted by students enrolled in the online program
*Instructor-led format only
PRICING FOR THE ONLINE STUDY FORMATS:
Get your SWS certification in 10 weeks! SWS online instructor-led session starts October 6th with SWS Education Director Rick Fisher. INFORMATION & REGISTRATION
Independent study format
On-demand, start anytimePrice: $595
Recognizing the exceptional depth and accuracy of the program, Wines from Spain (ICEX - Spain's Trade & Investment Government Agency) has endorsed the program.
- Jul 10, 2020Eugene O'Brien"I would highly recommend the SWS course to not just those that are working in the world of wine but also to those that may be new to wines and are curious to know more! The study manual and online study guides are highly intuitive and interesting for all levels of wine lovers!"
- Jul 8, 2020Nicholas Forsey"The WSG Spanish Wine Scholar course is an enjoyable, informative and well-structured learning programme that provides an insightful overview whilst going through each of the regions in detail. The history, diverse landscapes, climates and peoples that make up Spain and how they contribute to the many different styles of wines produced there are brought together in their program. I'd recommend it to anyone with an appreciation of Spanish wine or wine in general."
- Jul 8, 2020Ho Fai Mak"Providing in-depth knowledge for Spanish Wines"
- Jul 7, 2020Nataliia Burlachenko"I like this course a lot! The structure and the presented material is awesome! Especially I like the tests to complete each region. For me, as foreigner, was not always easy to understand the professor but he was very helpful and then tests helped me to fix everything in my head. I plan to take another course with WSG"
- Jul 6, 2020Patrick W Bartle"Phenomenal course ..!! Well structured with great supplementary learning materials. Rick's enthusiam made it even that much more enjoyable...!! I feel like I learned more relevant and practical information in this course/certification than in many of the others I have previosuly experienced. History, geography, and everything else you need to know to flex your knowledge of Spanish wines on a very high level....Loved it...!! Thank you. Cheers, Pat "
- Jul 6, 2020Jenny Van Lieshout"Spain is a huge wine country and you can easily get lost in the numerous wine regions and appellations. The Spanish Wine Scholar program provides you with a clear and comprehensive overview of this dynamic wine country. The incorporation of different influencing factors (history, topography, climate etc) of each region makes you better understand the regions and their wine styles. And it makes you want to taste all the wines! "
- Jul 2, 2020Anthony Gerard Higgins"I found the Spanish Wine Scholar course really useful and interesting. The information that I learnt I will be able to use in future projects that I have planned. "
- Jun 29, 2020Debbie Caine"Loved this course!!! I learned a lot and feel so comfortable with Spanish wine! Can’t wait to go back to Spain and practice what I have learned!!"
- Jun 28, 2020Gretchen Thomas"Wonderfully comprehensive and thorough class on Spain. There’s a ton of knowledge packed into 300 pages, having the online modules really solidified the key points in the text book. I highly recommend this course for anyone looking to sharpen their knowledge in Spanish wines!"
- Jun 22, 2020Richard Milot"A clear, complete and very well structured program that delivers the need to know and then some. The historical perspective helps to bring wine laws into the right context. The manual is very well designed and Rick Fisher does a first rate job delivering the material. Highly recommended. Richard Milot, FWS Certified Sommelier Ottawa, Canada "
- Jun 22, 2020Ednajar Macedo Filho"SWS textbook is written in a very approachable format, easy to understand. The on line supplement materials and quizzes also are very helpful stressing most important points that you should pay attention. Don' t be affraid on chosing the Independent Study Format, I strongly recomend you! "
- Jun 21, 2020Kurt Garbars"The Spanish Wine Scholar program was very comprehensive and I learned a great deal about a country that is generally underrepresented in most other wine programs. I've enjoyed many great Spanish wines while participating in this program."
- Jun 19, 2020Jonelle Gingrich"The SWS program is the most comprehensive Spanish Wine program out there. I learned so much about Spanish wines and discovered some true gems that are now staples in our wine rack. Rick is passionate about Spain and it shows in his ability to comprehensively teach the program and prepare students for the exam."
- Jun 19, 2020Volker Trede"Loved the self study of Spanish wine during Corona lock-down here in Adelaide. Celebrated some of the units with the respective matching wine as a treat. Could do that for a living :-)"
- Jun 17, 2020Seana Yee"Taking SWS after having been out of the wine industry for three years reinvigorated my excitement for not only wine but for Spain. It also rekindled my desire to be a wine educator. The Wine Scholar Guild allowed me to dream again and know that it's attainable!"