The Spanish Wine Scholar™ distance-learning format includes:
- A suggested schedule of study with learning objectives for each region
- Live review webinars with Rick Fisher, SWS Education Director*
- Online quizzes and learning games for self-evaluation
- Downloadable maps of all Spanish wine regions
- Pronunciation exercises to boosts your credibility
- A list of recommended wines to sample on your own or in a tasting group hosted by students enrolled in the online program
*Instructor-led format only
PRICING FOR THE ONLINE STUDY FORMATS:
Independent study format
On-demand, start anytimePrice: $595
Recognizing the exceptional depth and accuracy of the program, Wines from Spain (ICEX - Spain's Trade & Investment Government Agency) has endorsed the program.
- Catherine Oconnoron Aug 31, 2020"Great deep dive into the wine regions of Spain and the cultural aspects affecting wine styles. Rick Fisher's passion for Spanish wines jump off the pages of the book - it's like going on a wine country tour without leaving your seat."
- Ettore Donadeoon Aug 31, 2020"It is a deep, but very well structured course, with lots of information that are usually impossible to find all in one place elsewhere. The manual has a clear writing and very beautiful maps. Each appellation is precisely broken down into percentage of wine styles, soil, authorized grapes, preferred grapes etc, making the learning easier. In fact I would like this structure to be adopted also in the manual of other programs, like the Italian Wine Scholar."
- Amon Ferryon Aug 25, 2020"The Spanish program was fantastic. The material was well presented both in written format and during the presentations. I commend Rick for his ability to take a country rich in history and wine making and distilling it down to a level that is understandable and easy to comprehend. I learned alot not only about the various wines of Spain but also the geography and history. Thanks! "
- Molly Ann Brookson Aug 16, 2020"Studying Spain feels “simpler” that it’s European neighbors, but the country has a rapidly expanding, dynamic breadth of world class wines at accessible value. Rick Fisher’s enthusiasm, and the intensive program he created with Wine Scholar Guild, have paved a clear path for a nuanced and powerful understanding of this diverse county."
- Hf George Makon Aug 13, 2020"Eliminating all the fears for those who believe that Spanish wines are difficult to understand and learn. A great chance to explore hidden gems in the wine world within limited budget."
- Alberto Martinez-Interianoon Jul 16, 2020"The Spanish Wine Scholar is a fantastic program to get an in-depth view of all the Spanish wine regions. Taking a model from the successful French and Italian Wine scholar programs, it follows a well-structured approach for the main features in the environment (climate, soils, topography, grapes) as well as key viticulture and verification methods to better understand the traditional wines of the main DOs of Spain. Highly Recommended for both the professional and enthusiast interested in learning more about Spanish wine! "
- Crystal Wilsonon Jul 16, 2020"The WSG Spain program is a fantastic way to learn more about Spain in general as well as wine specifically. I'm excited to go to a Spanish restaurant and start working through their wine list. and I can't wait to go back to Spain!"
- Eugene O'Brienon Jul 10, 2020"I would highly recommend the SWS course to not just those that are working in the world of wine but also to those that may be new to wines and are curious to know more! The study manual and online study guides are highly intuitive and interesting for all levels of wine lovers!"
- Nick Forseyon Jul 8, 2020"The WSG Spanish Wine Scholar course is an enjoyable, informative and well-structured learning programme that provides an insightful overview whilst going through each of the regions in detail. The history, diverse landscapes, climates and peoples that make up Spain and how they contribute to the many different styles of wines produced there are brought together in their program. I'd recommend it to anyone with an appreciation of Spanish wine or wine in general."
- Hf George Makon Jul 8, 2020"Providing in-depth knowledge for Spanish Wines"
- Nataliia Burlachenkoon Jul 7, 2020"I like this course a lot! The structure and the presented material is awesome! Especially I like the tests to complete each region. For me, as foreigner, was not always easy to understand the professor but he was very helpful and then tests helped me to fix everything in my head. I plan to take another course with WSG"
- Patrick W Bartleon Jul 6, 2020"Phenomenal course ..!! Well structured with great supplementary learning materials. Rick's enthusiam made it even that much more enjoyable...!! I feel like I learned more relevant and practical information in this course/certification than in many of the others I have previosuly experienced. History, geography, and everything else you need to know to flex your knowledge of Spanish wines on a very high level....Loved it...!! Thank you. Cheers, Pat "
- Jenny Van Lieshouton Jul 6, 2020"Spain is a huge wine country and you can easily get lost in the numerous wine regions and appellations. The Spanish Wine Scholar program provides you with a clear and comprehensive overview of this dynamic wine country. The incorporation of different influencing factors (history, topography, climate etc) of each region makes you better understand the regions and their wine styles. And it makes you want to taste all the wines! "
- Anthony Gerard Higginson Jul 2, 2020"I found the Spanish Wine Scholar course really useful and interesting. The information that I learnt I will be able to use in future projects that I have planned. "
- Debbie Caineon Jun 30, 2020"Loved this course!!! I learned a lot and feel so comfortable with Spanish wine! Can’t wait to go back to Spain and practice what I have learned!!"