May 29 - June 3, 2022
Embark on our Catalunya Study Tour!
Don’t miss an opportunity to join our first trip to Spain! Catalunya invokes thoughts of beaches, amazing food, and modernist architecture. The region also boasts some of Spain’s most diverse wine-producing regions. From a plethora of grape varieties to a diverse range of wine styles, Catalunya is one producing some of the most exciting wines in the world right now.
Experience the diversity of Catalunya through your visit to FIVE of the region’s wine appellations – from DO Alella, which has been making wine since the Romans arrived in the 1st century CE, to DOQ Priorat, where the breathtaking landscapes are outshone only by the remarkable quality of the wine.
- Discover the Catalunya wine region with your instructor, Rick Fisher, Spanish Programs Director for the Wine Scholar Guild and author of the Spanish Wine Scholar Program
- Delve into the fascinating range of grape varieties through as you visit five of the regions wine appellations
- Catalunya boasts incredible variety of wine styles, including being a leader in the natural wine movement
- Drink history as you learn about the evolution of the region’s wines and taste winemaking philosophy in the glass
- Learn directly from winemakers what makes Catalunya such an exciting place to produce and drink wine
- Dine in some of the region’s best restaurants and discover epicurean delights paired with fantastic wines
Travel with a group of wine students who are serious about wine, either as wine professionals or committed wine lovers. Share an educational, epicurean and unforgettable experience while mastering the world of Catolunya. Trips are open to people from all countries, and are held in English.
Based on the current COVID situation and for the safety of our students and hosts, participants will be required to provide a proof of vaccination before joining a 2022 study trip.
WSG reserves the right to modify sanitary requirements at any time and at its sole discretion. For more information, please consult the study trips Terms and Conditions.
YOUR 6 DAY CATALUNYA IMMERSION STUDY TOUR INCLUDES:
- Instruction throughout by WSG Spanish Programs Director Rick Fisher
- All professional-level tours and extensive tastings at renowned wine producers
- Services of a Tour Manager throughout, to provide customer service and logistics support
- 2 nights at 4-star K+K Hotel Picasso in Barcelona, double occupancy
- 3 nights at 5-star luxury Terra Dominicata Hotel in Priorat, double occupancy
- Welcome drink with your tour instructor and tour manager.
- 5 delicious buffet breakfasts
- 5 gourmet lunches expertly matched with top-quality wines
- 2 gastronomic dinners expertly matched with top-quality wines
- Deluxe, air-conditioned motor coach transportation throughout, with bottled water on-board
- All hotel and other taxes, and gratuities for included restaurants
MEET YOUR GUIDE
Your Guide: Rick Fisher
Rick Fisher, DipWSET, is Spanish Programs Director for the Wine Scholar Guild. He wrote, researched, and developed the Wine Scholar Guild’s
Spanish Wine Scholar™ study and certification program which launched
Rick’s passion for Spain and his Spanish heritage guides his desire to educate students about Spanish wine. Prior to joining WSG, he had created and maintained a blog titled “Bodega: Eat. Drink. Explore. ESPAÑA!” for over a decade.
He is a wine judge, educator, and writer with a Master of Business Administration (MBA).
Rick is also a Certified Sherry Educator and is currently enrolled in the Certified Rioja Educator Program.
Your Tour Manager : Danny Adler
Assisting the instructor and making sure logistics run smoothly and that your needs are answered will be Danny Adler.
Danny was born and raised in New York City and has been living and working in Spain in hospitality and travel since 2007. He is captivated by Spanish cuisine, history, and lifestyle. Danny first started as a food and wine guide in Barcelona and then founded his own company focusing on cultural, culinary and adventure travel in Catalonia. With his deep knowledge of the region, he will be able to assist trip participants with any logistical needs they may have.
CHECK OUT ALL UPCOMING WINE TOURS:
Our exceptional study trips offer intensive, professional-level, educational programming within the wines regions of France, Italy and Spain. Lead by top wine industry professionals, our itineraries take you into some of the best cellars and vineyards for hands-on learning and unparalleled tasting opportunities. What better way to connect theory with practice!
PiedmontMay 22 - May 27, 2022
CatalunyaMay 29 - Jun 03, 2022
SicilyJun 05 - Jun 10, 2022
ChampagneJun 14 - Jun 18, 2022
LoireJun 19 - Jun 24, 2022
BordeauxOct 09 - Oct 14, 2022
BourgogneOct 16 - Oct 21, 2022
RhôneOct 23 - Oct 28, 2022