Embark on our 2018 Tuscany Valley Study Trip with professional-level instruction on site coupled with a certificate program!
Tuscany Wine Study Tour Highlights
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to travel through all the key appellations of this authentic Italian wine region with a true expert and fabulous instructor!
Tuscany’s famous hills are home to some of the world's most notable wine regions. Chianti, Brunello di Montalcino and Vino Nobile di Montepulciano showcase Sangiovese, the king of red grapes in Toscana. The wines of Bolgheri will challenge what you think you know about Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot. Experiencing the incredible wines of Vernaccia di San Gimignano, may make you see Italian white wines in a whole new light.
A lot meets the eye when you visit the beautiful Toscana, but so much more is waiting to be discovered. Toscana’s diverse climatic conditions, soils and topography makes the region a vast mosaic of distinctive terroirs—often combined with a rich historic and cultural heritage hard to match elsewhere.
- Enjoy personal guidance and instruction from Jane Hunt, Master of Wine and senior judge for Italian wines at the Decanter World Wine Awards tasting competition
- Visit the region’s most iconic wine appellations including Brunello di Montalcino, Chianti Classico and Bolgheri
- Get access to some of the most prestigious and sought-after small wine producers and experience the wonder of “insider” tours
- Discover how short distances between wine regions manifest themselves in the glass as you taste the remarkable differences
- Let Tuscany’s medieval cities transport you through time as you follow cobblestone trails in the region’s famous walled cities
- Indulge in the renowned, authentic cuisine of Tuscany – an immensely varied use of seasonal vegetables, ‘panzanella’ a summer salad made from bread and fresh tomatoes,’ribollita’ a bean soup, the famous Fiorentina steaks from the Tuscan breed of Chianina beef, pork from the Cinta Senese breed, locally hunted wild boar, delicious pasta dishes often including local truffles in the Autumn period as well as all manner of diverse salumi and Pecorino sheep’s cheeses. Delicioso!
Travel with like-minded, committed students of wine, whether serious wine hobbyists or wine professionals, and share with us an unforgettable educational, epicurean and enlightening experience! Trips are open to people from all countries, and are held in English.
- Senior judge for Italian wines at Decanter Wine World Awards tasting competition
- Master of Wine specialized in Italian wines
- Jane speaks fluent Italian and spends 6 month of the year in Umbria where she produces olive oil from her own trees
- Director and Lecturer for 'Wine Academy Italia' running WSET Courses in Italy
Matt Kirkland, FWS
Celia Hay, NZ Wine School
PODCAST: Jane Hunt MW & Andrew Jefford on Tuscany
Tuscany Study Trip Itinerary at a Glance:
- Sunday, May 27: Arrival in Pisa
- Monday, May 28: Bolgheri
- Tuesday, May 29: Bolgheri & Suvereto
- Wednesday, May 30: Brunello di Montalcino
- Thursday, May 31: Chianti Classico
- Friday, June 1: Chianti Classico
- Instruction throughout by Tuscan wine expert Jane Hunt, Master of Wine
- The services of a Tour Manager throughout, to provide customer service and logistics support
- Deluxe, air-conditioned motor coach transportation throughout, with bottled water on-board
- 2 nights at 4-star Park Hotel Marinetta in Marina di Bibbona, double occupancy
- 1 night at 4-star Hotel NH in Siena, double occupancy
- 2 nights at 4-star Palazzo Leopoldo in Radda in Chianti, double occupancy
- 2 gastronomic dinners expertly matched with top-quality regional wines
- 4 gourmet lunches expertly matched with top-quality regional wines
- 5 buffet breakfasts
- All professional-level tours and extensive tastings at renowned wine producers
- All hotel and other taxes, and gratuities for included restaurants
Space is limited to 18 participants, so reserve your space today!