- Learn the core definitions of aroma and bouquet plus the distinctions between primary, secondary and tertiary aromas.
- Learn the chemistry of smell (in layman’s terms) and the molecular alterations that occur (aromatically) as a wine ages.
- Find out why some wines “travel” while others do not.
- Learn why two people, in a blind tasting, will identify the same aromatic molecule with different descriptors.
This class will give you the information you need to hone your tasting skills and sharpen your sense of smell.
To see the video, you must be a member
Become a member of the Wine Scholar Guild to view recorded member webinars. JOIN NOW
- GeoSensorial Tasting: A New Way of Assessing Wines of Terroir?
- The Great Debate: Ripeness and Balance with Andrew Jefford and Julia Harding MW
- Drink Like a Roman, The Legacy of Ancient Times Through Modern Italian Wines with Tanya Morning Star Darling
- Meeting of the Minds - Taste and Terroir (Panel Discussion)
- Taste Wine Like An MW: Part 3 with Matthew Stubbs MW