- Learn the core definitions of aroma and bouquet plus the distinctions between primary, secondary and tertiary aromas.
- Learn the chemistry of smell (in layman’s terms) and the molecular alterations that occur (aromatically) as a wine ages.
- Find out why some wines “travel” while others do not.
- Learn why two people, in a blind tasting, will identify the same aromatic molecule with different descriptors.
This class will give you the information you need to hone your tasting skills and sharpen your sense of smell.
To see the video, you must be a member
Become a member of the Wine Scholar Guild to view recorded member webinars. JOIN NOW
- The Neuroscience of Wine Tasting: How the Brain Makes Sense of Wine Sensory Attributes with Gabriel Lepousez
- Robert Parker’s 100-point wines: Then and now
- An MW’s Guide to Tasting with Matthew Stubbs MW
- Mastering the Coravin System for your Wine Studies with Greg Lambrecht
- Taste Wine Like An MW with Matthew Stubbs MW