Tuscany Wine Study Tour with Jane Hunt MW
May 21 – May 26, 2023
YOUR 6-DAY TUSCANY IMMERSION STUDY TOUR INCLUDES:
- Instruction throughout by Jane Hunt, Master of Wine, Tuscany expert and senior judge for Italian wines at the Decanter World Wine Awards
- All professional-level tours and extensive tastings at renowned wine producers
- Services of a tour manager throughout, providing customer service and logistics support
- 2 nights at the seaside, 4-star Park Hotel Marinetta in Bibbona, double occupancy
- 1 night at the elegant, 4-star NH Hotel in Siena, double occupancy
- 2 nights at 4-star Relais Vignale & Spa, surrounded by vineyards in Chianti, double occupancy
- Welcome drink with your instructor and tour manager
- 5 buffet breakfasts
- 4 delicious lunches with top-quality wines of the region
- 2 gourmet dinners with top-quality wines of the region
- Deluxe, air-conditioned motor coach transportation throughout, with bottled water on-board
- All taxes and gratuities for included restaurants
MEET YOUR GUIDES
Your Guide: Jane Hunt MW
- Master of Wine specialized in Italian wines
- Senior judge for Italian wines at Decanter Wine World Awards tasting competition
- Jane speaks fluent Italian and spends 6 month of the year in Umbria where she produces olive oil from her own trees
- With over 40 years’ experience in the wine trade Jane has witnessed an amazing revolution in Italian wine production
Your Tour Manager : Claudia Cesarino
Assisting the instructor and making sure logistics run smoothly and that your needs are answered will be Claudia Cesarino.
Claudia’s career started in the international hospitality industry and event organising at the St. Regis Grand Hotel in Rome and then at Vinopolis in London. She then worked in India for the famous Italian wine company Marchesi Antinori, training the staff about wine at prestigious hotels like the Hyatt, Sheraton, Kempinski, Taj, Oberoi and Park.
Now a very experienced wine tour guide, Claudia is a member of the Italian Sommelier Association.
6 reasons to join us in Tuscany
- Enjoy personal guidance and instruction from Jane Hunt, Master of Wine and senior judge for Italian wines at the Decanter World Wine Awards tasting competition
- Visit the region’s most iconic wine appellations including Brunello di Montalcino, Chianti Classico, and Bolgheri
- Get access to some of the most prestigious and sought-after large and small wine producers and as you experience “insider” tours
- Discover how short distances between wine regions manifest themselves in the glass as you taste the remarkable differences
- Let Tuscany’s medieval cities transport you through time as you follow cobblestone trails in the region’s famous walled cities
- Indulge in the renowned, authentic cuisine of Tuscany – an immensely varied use of seasonal vegetables, panzanella, a salad made from bread and fresh tomatoes, ribollita, a bean soup, the famous Fiorentina steaks from the Tuscan breed of Chianina beef, Cinta Senese pork, locally hunted wild boar, delicious pasta dishes sometimes including local truffles as well as all manner of diverse salumi and Pecorino sheep cheeses. Delicioso!
Travel with a group of wine students who are serious about wine, either as wine professionals or committed wine lovers. Share an educational, epicurean and unforgettable experience while mastering the world of Bordeaux. Trips are open to people from all countries, and are held in English.
The Magic of Tuscany
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to travel through all the key appellations of this Italian wine region with a true expert and fabulous instructor!
Tuscany’s famous hills are home to some of the world's most notable wine regions. Chianti, Brunello di Montalcino and Vino Nobile di Montepulciano showcase Sangiovese, the king of red grapes in Toscana. The wines of Bolgheri will challenge what you think you know about Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot. Experiencing the incredible wines of Vernaccia di San Gimignano, may make you see Italian white wines in a whole new light.
A lot meets the eye when you visit beautiful Tuscany, but so much more is waiting to be discovered. Tuscany’s diverse climatic conditions, soils and topography make the region a vast mosaic of distinctive terroirs—often combined with a rich historic and cultural heritage hard to match elsewhere.
CHECK OUT ALL UPCOMING WINE TOURS
Our exceptional study trips offer intensive, professional-level, educational programming within the wines regions of France, Italy and Spain. Lead by top wine industry professionals, our itineraries take you into some of the best cellars and vineyards for hands-on learning and unparalleled tasting opportunities. What better way to connect theory with practice!